- Leads the engagement of primary audiences and the brand positioning functions to support the strategic goals of Rush University System for Health.
- Advises senior management about long-term marketing priorities, needs, and opportunities.
- Structures the department and associated teams to leverage opportunities for efficiency and manage increasing demands. Oversees a professional staff promoting shared goals, collaboration, results and effectiveness measurement.
- Internet Strategies, Digital and Web presence
- Marketing Strategy, Planning, and Project Management
- Media Relations
- Internal Communications
- Data Analytics
- National Physician Communication
- Graphic Design
- Physician and Customer Relationship Management
- Video and Multimedia Production
- Manages budget that exceeds $20 million.
- Serves as the spokesperson on consumer engagement and branding within and outside the organization to various audiences.
- Advises Rush leadership about marketing and communications required to achieve the System’s strategic goals.
- Responsible for development and implementation of a major advertising and integrated marketing campaign designed to develop a strong brand identity and support long-term business growth by raising awareness of the Rush University System for Health, increasing consumer preference.
- Manages relationship with the Rush University System for Health advertising agency.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of marketing and communications plans with strategic support growth in service line business, carefully establishing goals, marketing strategies and effective, integrated tactical plans based on analysis of the market and Rush’s opportunities. • Collaborates with numerous service line administrators and colleagues in planning, marketing research and referral development. • Effectively addresses other requests ranging from imperative to reasonable to the impossible, while maintaining good relations.
Oversees the following functions and teams:
Leadership with Physician and Consumer Engagement, Internet Branding & Marketing Strategies
Advertising and Marketing Campaign Leadership
Service Line Marketing
• Builds ROI and effectiveness measurement plans into marketing programs. • Analyzes and reports on results of marketing efforts and adjusts marketing programs accordingly. Results should include response rates, conversions and ROI where possible.
Brand and Image Management
Oversees the Rush system’s marketing and brand positioning to ensure consistency in message and graphics and to achieve a strong, positive identity in the market. • Ensures that marketing and communications are consistent with the System’s positioning statement. • Oversees the media relations team and expands coverage to build a national image. Marketing Management for Rush University and Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Copley • Oversees the marketing and communication leadership at each member of the System, including Rush University, to achieve efficiencies and continuity, and to improve effectiveness across all marketing strategies.
Position Qualifications Include:
• Master’s degree in Marketing or a related field required. • At least 15 years of experience in communications and marketing management. • At least 12 years of experience in management of people. • At least two years of experience in health care. • Exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills. • Staff and budget management experience for budget exceeding $20 million.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 15-20 years of experience in health care preferred. • Proven abilities to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. • Proven experience as a visionary leader. • Previous experience in a similar role at a large academic medical center preferred. Company Highlights: • Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care. • Rush is an academic health system comprising Rush University Medical Center, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital. • Ranked among the top 20 best places to work in healthcare by Indeed. • Rush is ranked second for Quality and Accountability among 102 leading academic medical centers in the United States in a study conducted by the health care services company Vizient. • For the 12th consecutive time, Rush University Medical Center and Rush-Copley Medical Center received an A grade in a nationwide safety evaluation of hospitals, putting them among the top 2.2 percent of hospitals. • Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future. Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.